Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Should be THE FIRST POST... FIrst things first, addons

Edit: updated actual addon running

Set up... Here I list the easy to install and set up addons that I will reference and you want to become familiar with if you intend to copy anything I do, And I will repeatedly refer to them in the process I continue to blog about.

On a side note: Had to log this a.m. and see if I had any gold in the mail... woot.. 13 gold... and some expired auctions... OOPS.. reset the ZA standard for 48 hour auctions vs. 12...  sold a pet, cloth and some meat, the expensive meat was expired... I did relist it, after setting up ZA again...  Now that I think about it, that may be a Auctioneer setting, and will need fixed for the new server...

What to do first to begin after the jump

You will really want many of the addons to become efficient at the process I go over in this blog.  The addons are current and working at the time of the writing and most have an alternate you can use.

  • Acountant (alts available) Tracks money 
  • Automaton (alts available) sells grey stuff out of your bag
  • Auction Profit.. more ways to track money
  • Auctionator (alternate Auctioneer) Simple out of the box operation, nothing special, no crazy setting, all easy and safe to mess with the settings.  But an auction addon of some sort will be immensly usefull.
  • LilSparkysWorkshop (I dont know of an alternate) Amazing on screen info.. zero set up, install, scan AH and see useful info in your crafting window.
  • Arkinventory (altoholic is another) A bag/inventory manager addon.  I can mouse over linen cloth in my crafting window, and see that I have 10 bag, 26 bank, 29 mail 182 in  "xxx" guild bank tag 4,6 and the same info for every other toon you have... great for finding stuff you already have.  has a search function to find anything too.
  • Enchantrix shows results of milling, prospecting and disenchanting...
  • Postal (alternates available) Mail addon...  Any successful gold business that make any reasonable volume of gold will entail a volume of sales, cancelations, expired auctions etc.  Mail addons are a huge time saver. For me the one setting I found after years of use was the "dont open mail w/ attachments" so it will leave all the mail I move around on toons in the mail box, but open all my AH mail, cancelations, expirations, sales, purchases etc.
  • Acountant/MySales (others available)  I run both to track the comings and goings of the gold.  I do not do anything fancy with either, But I think they do have settings.
  • Panda (no known alt) Great if you will be doing any milling, prospecting or DEing
  • More to follow
It will take a couple runs at it to identify just what addons you will NEED to get started.  I currently run a zero default UI and take much of the function for granted.

Optional/great addons

  • Chatter (alts available) Chat addon... love it use it all the time
  • Fubar (alternates usable) for MoneyFu and CraftTimersFu, DurrabilityFu, just usefull info on screen
  • Bartender (alts available) Lots of setup, but well worth it IMO
  • SexyMap (alts available) Lots of setup potentially, but moving the buttons on the minimap.. great stuff, Changing the radius is a big one
  • AtlasLot (no know alt) every item in game except world drops rare and below quality
  • SlideBar (lib) great for all those extra mini map buttons. another place for them to go...
  • Sunn - Viewport Art so used to playing with it, would be to wierd to do without, changes your viewport and viewable screen are.. e.g. my action bars have a black background
  • TradeSkillMaster dont use it yet, but it is installed and not disabled. so its listed
  • More to follow
I am going to shut off addons for this toon and simplify what I run with for the purpose of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment